Garmin eTrex H

Ydnaroo

Hi all

First post :D

Has anyone had their hands on the new eTrex H yet? I'm in the UK and am waiting to get one to replace my trusty Geko 201 but they are not yet available here. I'm just wondering they are out in the US and, if so, are they as big an improvement over the earlier models as the other 'H' variants?

Andy

Hi all

First post :D

Has anyone had their hands on the new eTrex H yet? I'm in the UK and am waiting to get one to replace my trusty Geko 201 but they are not yet available here. I'm just wondering they are out in the US and, if so, are they as big an improvement over the earlier models as the other 'H' variants?

Andy

Hello there fellow European! =)

I live in Sweden and the HCx won't show up here for some time I think. So I ordered from the US (www.offroute.com) and will recieve it this week. There is an online store in Germany that sells the HCx for the pricetag of 299€.

http://www.navifuture.de/product_info.php?...-Vista-HCx.html

Edited by hedtjarn

Hello there fellow European! =)

I live in Sweden and the HCx won't show up here for some time I think. ..........

Hi. Thanks for your reply. It's the eTrex H I'm looking for. All of the more expensive 'H' series GPSs are now available in the UK but there is no sign of the basic eTrex here. The Garmin mapping GPSs are not much use for walking in the UK due to the poor mapping. My Geko 201 does everything I need but I'd like the extra sensitivity of the eTrex H.

Mind you, I might try for an import if it does become available in the US, the pricing is about £ for $ which hardly reflects the current exchange rate. :D Good old 'rip-off Britain' again.

Cheers - Andy

Edited by Ydnaroo

Hi. Thanks for your reply. It's the eTrex H I'm looking for. All of the more expensive 'H' series GPSs are now available in the UK but there is no sign of the basic eTrex here. The Garmin mapping GPSs are not much use for walking in the UK due to the poor mapping. My Geko 201 does everything I need but I'd like the extra sensitivity of the eTrex H.

Haha sorry ;D I am so psyched out on the Vista HCx that I didn't read your post thorough enough =)