Confused about todays findings.....

binky11

Today we found a cache with what we believe to be both a geo-coin and a travel bug. The travel bug was not placed the the cache owner.

The cache was said to have a walrus geo-coin and a travel bug. Confusing because it was actually the travel bug that had I am a walrus on it and the geo coin said MrGigabyte with a map of Canada and the www.geocoins.com website on it. The geo coin had nothing to display signifying a walrus but the travel bug did. The travel bug did not have a desination. We took the geo coin and removed the travel bug to a new cache location we placed today. Did we do something wrong? Were we suppose to move the geo coin along also? I logged on the site that we found them both and replaced the travel bug to another location?

I am so confused?? Any comments??

Any comments? Shaw, I'm confused too! :D

Details would really help. I don't see you have logged any caches. Can you tell us what cache you found them in? On both the TB and the coin page, in the upper left corner is a reference number for the travelers, could you provide those numbers?

Thanks

They are both travellers, expecting to be moved along to another cache. Geocoins travel like Travel Bugs, and are moved the same way. Is that an answer you're looking for? Your message is a little confusing.

If you left the geocoin there, fine, someone else can move it.

They are both travellers, expecting to be moved along to another cache. Geocoins travel like Travel Bugs, and are moved the same way. Is that an answer you're looking for? Your message is a little confusing.

If you left the geocoin there, fine, someone else can move it.

Well I think I have it cleared up now through a friend. Apparently the geo coin is just a collectors pin (geo coin) and is not expected to be moved on, however we needed to record the code number on the travel bug and go log it in as found and report where we moved it to. Will make sure to get that done asap. There should have been some/any info with both the coin and travel bug apparently, this did make it confusing. Hopefully it will be solved now, don't want to mess up a travel bug journey. Thx for help :blink:

If the bug was not logged in the cache it could be because the person who dropped it is on holidays and has not yet had a chance to log in to the website. I have picked up two bugs like that this week and I am still waiting to log one of them as a find.

Be patient, you'll get it cleared up.

Guiderchachi

Well I think I have it cleared up now through a friend. Apparently the geo coin is just a collectors pin (geo coin) and is not expected to be moved on, however we needed to record the code number on the travel bug and go log it in as found and report where we moved it to. Will make sure to get that done asap. There should have been some/any info with both the coin and travel bug apparently, this did make it confusing. Hopefully it will be solved now, don't want to mess up a travel bug journey. Thx for help <_<

Make sure you check the coin to make sure it is for collectors. If it says something like "trackable on geocaching.com" then it's not collectable.

Let us know what cache it was and maybe a pic of the coin??

Good luck

Simon