Etrex venture HC game mode

tick54

I recently received an etrex venture HC and it works great. I am getting accuracy readings of less than 20 feet inside my house and made several tests against known (NGS surveyed) GPS points and get accuracies less than 9 feet. Have loaded maps in from mapsource and am quite happy except that I can’t figure out how to play the games in the game mode. I expect the cursor to move when I use the joystick in the maze game etc. but nothing happens. Any one know how to play these games?

Check the Menu when on the game page. Some games (Gekoids on the 76CSx) require that you be in North Up orientation and then on the menu you can choose whether the ship rotates or the background rotates. I don't play the games but I did look into it a bit when I first got the unit. I couldn't make the darn ship move at all until I read that part of the manual and noticed the bit about the settings. Check your manual carefully for stupid little stuff like that and, even if you don't see anything in the manual, try things like the Menu setting to see if there is anything there.