Searching for new caches in area?

Team Teague

Is there a way to search for a new cache listed in my area? I'm just wondering how people know a new one is in their area????

Thanks,

Stacey

Premium members can get instant notifications if they wish.

Also premium members can set up a PQ to show new caches that meet their search parameters.

Is there a way to search for a new cache listed in my area? I'm just wondering how people know a new one is in their area????

Thanks,

Stacey

Premium members can get instant notifications if they wish.

Also premium members can set up a PQ to show new caches that meet their search parameters.

Knight, I'm a premium member, how do I set it up to get instant notifications???

THANKS!

Here's a neat trick when your intent is to be FTF and seconds count.

Set up a Pocket Query for whatever distance you'd run for a FTF. Then, set the option for "caches that have not been found".

Now...when you get a cell phone alert, don't even bother looking at it (it doesn't tell you WHERE the cache is anyway)...just run to your computer, bring up your list of PQs and click the google map icon next to that PQ. You can actually set an icon on your desktop to do all this in one click.

Presto! The google map will open, centered on the NEAREST unfound cache! Then, you can zoom out to see other caches further away.

Barring an internet phone, this is the fastest way I've found to respond to a new cache alert.

Oh, Oh. I'm giving away secrets to my FTFs!

Edited by michigansnorkeler