PLEASE HELP...GPS Choices?

pikaki57

Another starter! Yep....I am, and I need some advise (like the bazillions before me with the same question). I know the info is in the forums, but I am having trouble making a choice. I am just beginning the geocaching adventure and I am looking for GPS units that will hold me over for a while and function well. I have been looking at the Magellan Explorist 210 and the Garmin GPS 60 ( the basic one, not cx or so; it's yellow). Is there anybody that can help me with some info on which unit might be the better choice? Your help is much appreciated!

We use the 210 and have had no problems with it. I've never used a Garmin but they are the most popular. I do know that I left my GPSr on top of the car after a cache and didn't notice until i heard it bounce off the trunk at 55mph. I saw it bounce down the road and felt sick! Went back to retrieve the remains and it was fine!! Still using it.

Another starter! Yep....I am, and I need some advise (like the bazillions before me with the same question). I know the info is in the forums, but I am having trouble making a choice. I am just beginning the geocaching adventure and I am looking for GPS units that will hold me over for a while and function well. I have been looking at the Magellan Explorist 210 and the Garmin GPS 60 ( the basic one, not cx or so; it's yellow). Is there anybody that can help me with some info on which unit might be the better choice? Your help is much appreciated!

I got a Garmin Legend Cx, I just started geocaching. I find the 'Send to GPS' feature on geocaching.com very handy, and it says it's only available to Garmins . . . Just one tidbit, I'm sure someone else will pop on and give you more info.

Glenndon

I have a Garmin Vista C and have been very happy with it. When I needed Customer Support for the GPSr, and for getting an update to my maps, Garmin was great. Although some people have had good experiences with Magellan Customer Support, it seems that many more have not. :lol:

I would recommend getting the Garmin, however, you might look on eBay for a discontinued Legend C. That color unit has newer technology and connects to a computer with the faster USB cable. Later, if you can purchase the Auto-routing City Navigator Mapsource maps, that unit can handle that function. :(