City Navigator 2008 Map viewer up

I just went to Garmin's site and when I pulled up the viewer for City Nav, it said 2008, so I assume it is the new version. I did some quick checking of the areas that I travel, and so far, I have not seen any changes (in areas where there have been changes in the actual roadways). I thnk the biggest disappointment is that the new Toll Road around Austin is nowhere to be seen.

Anyway, it is there, you can check it out for yourself!

How did you navigate to the new viewer? All the ways I am familiar with still show v8.

Theron

From the home page select--> maps-->on the road maps--> under the City navigator set, select North America--> click the viewer in the upper right corner. It brings up the viewer for City Nav NA 2008.

How did you navigate to the new viewer? All the ways I am familiar with still show v8.

Theron

From the home page select--> maps-->on the road maps--> under the City navigator set, select North America--> click the viewer in the upper right corner. It brings up the viewer for City Nav NA 2008.

I see the City Navigator v8 browser, not 2008:

citynav.png

MD 216 is cut straight through to US 29. It no longer follows Leishear Road.

Theron

Wow, that's truly bizarre. When I follow those exact steps, I get a pop-up window with the title at the top of the map reading: "City Navigator North America v8".

Theron

Theron

Wow, that's truly bizarre. When I follow those exact steps, I get a pop-up window with the title at the top of the map reading: "City Navigator North America v8".

Theron

That is bizarre. I tried it about 2 minutes ago and got this: "City Navigator North America 2008"

Theron

Theron

When I go to City Navigator NT, I get the v8 map, but when I go to the plain City Navigator, as detailed in his description, I get the City Nav NA 2008.

There is a difference as some major changes that happened in the last year here in Winnipeg are reflected in the 2008 version, but not in the v8 version.

When I go to City Navigator NT, I get the v8 map, but when I go to the plain City Navigator, as detailed in his description, I get the City Nav NA 2008.

your exactly right, the NT version is still linking to the old maps. I owned V7 of city select, and when V8 of city navigator came out I was amazed at how many road errors were still shown. well this time around all the errors I have found in my area seem to be corrected, so I will be buying the 2008 maps.