Prince Gallitzen State Park

BoysNMe

"Over the Dam and Through the Woods" was a fairly easy walk and find. We've also done "Phil At The Prince" which was placed by folks from here (Punxsutawney, PA, thus the Phil reference), but you must walk around an animal carcass pit; so, if you don't like the smell, be warned. It was a nice walk and a good hide, though. Enjoy your visit. It's been years since we've camped at PGSP.

We've had some very warm weather here lately. I really wouldn't suggest doing that one right now. :lol:

I wish there was a smiley for me holding my nose! Thanks for the warning! Will have to see how my boys behave...if they don't watch out I'll drag them to the stinky cache!!!

A word of warning here --- We did "Phil at the Prince" last weekend and walked up on a couple very happy bears chowing down on road kill, so we turned around and went back to the car. We've run into quite a few bears in the past 3 weeks around here. :D

Peachy, Kim, & T&DJay,

Had another great w/e at PG! Ended up finding Lady Portia's, Phil at the Prince <_< , and Mountaindale. If you have the time Mountaindale was a beautiful walk- flowers bursting w/ color all around and wide vistas. I felt like I needed to do a "Sound of Music " spin! Held off on Over the Dam to do w/ my family but ran out of time. Never did find Ahoy there! I'm sure I was standing right next to it but I was feeling very obvious!! Thanks again for the help!

BoysnMe

Bell's Gap Puzzle was just published yesterday. It's the only one I've placed so far.

Bell's Gap Rail Trail was just recently opened and there are other caches along the trail but they aren't mine. There are also a couple in the woods on there side of the road going up Rt. 865.

When anybody is in the area again, I highly recommend Bell's Gap Trail II GC13T63. It's a beautiful spot and well worth the difficult terrain at the end.

BoysNMe, I must have missed Ahoy there! I thought I had done all the ones around Glendale, I'll have to check it out.

PeachyPA, I'll have to get some recommendations from you on ones in your area. We tried one this winter but weren't successful in finding it. The snow was just too high at the time.