Help! Can't locate old cache I found last year!

J-Man

I have the coordinates, but can't find the cache here on the site. I typed in the coordinates, and the closest cache to it is .3 miles away. How do I include disabled caches in my search? Can anyone give me the link to the original page so I can log it?

N 34 14.261

W 116 57.690

No, I forgot to log it, that's the problem. I went back to record my previous caches, checked my calendar to find out when I had gone, looked in my GPS for the coords, but now it's gone. How do I include disabled caches in my search?

I have the coordinates, but can't find the cache here on the site. I typed in the coordinates, and the closest cache to it is .3 miles away. How do I include disabled caches in my search? Can anyone give me the link to the original page so I can log it?

N 34 14.261

W 116 57.690

Click on the cache that is .3 miles away to go to its description. Then go down to the map on the bottom right of the screen (I believe it's yahoo maps or google maps). When you click that map, it will show all the caches in the surrounding area with a list of the cache names on the right. You will either recognize the name or you can click on each one until you find it.

To the left of the lower map on the nearest cache you found, click geocaching.com maps. Then, select identify (right under the map), check the box for include archived caches, and click near the center of the map. All the caches, including archived, should now be identified for the area.

Click on the cache that is .3 miles away to go to its description. Then go down to the map on the bottom right of the screen (I believe it's yahoo maps or google maps). When you click that map, it will show all the caches in the surrounding area with a list of the cache names on the right. You will either recognize the name or you can click on each one until you find it.

the yahoo and google maps don't include archived cahes. You need the geocaching.com maps.

I don't have anything that says "include archived caches." Is that only for premium members, or am I just blind?

I did everything you all said. I checked the box for identify, but nothing happens, and I don't have anything for "include archived caches."

I don't have anything that says "include archived caches." Is that only for premium members, or am I just blind?

I did everything you all said. I checked the box for identify, but nothing happens, and I don't have anything for "include archived caches."

Yes, I think it's only for premium members. I thought you were one (it says so under your avatar.)

Nope. I have "Identify," but not "show archived/disabled caches."

If anyone has the time, here is the one that's close.

N 34 13.874

W 116 57.695

It's called "Lunch at the Castle." The cache I'm looking for would have been within 1/2 mile of that, probably less, and I believe south. Please post a link to any archived caches that fit those parameters.

Thanks,

J

I've got the map page up in another browser. I ended up doing it like Miragee said with the archived list. There are too many nearby caches to list and I listed the closest archived ones in my previous post. Do you remember anything about the cache? Size? Description? Was it in water, near water, in a tree, in a house, you let me be....oops, I fell into Dr. Seuss land.

The coords are (or were):

N 34 14.261

W 116 57.690

I believe "Big Bear" was in the title, as that's what it is in my GPS. It was a larger sized cache, like a big ol' plastic container with lots o' stuff. It was hidden among rocks in the forest. It was about .3 miles or so south of "Lunch at the Castle."

How could it just disappear?

Maybe those weren't the coords.... It seems to be saying that that is North of "Lunch at the Castle," and I'm 98% certain that it's south, further from the lake. But everything else in my description is right. And you know, it may well be that those ARE the coords, as those are the only other coords in Big Bear I have in my GPS..........

Sheesh!

The coords are (or were):

N 34 14.261

W 116 57.690

I believe "Big Bear" was in the title, as that's what it is in my GPS. It was a larger sized cache, like a big ol' plastic container with lots o' stuff. It was hidden among rocks in the forest. It was about .3 miles or so south of "Lunch at the Castle."

How could it just disappear?

Big Bear Geotax (GC136G3) is a members-only cache, which could be the reason it disappeared for you. If you let your membership slip, I guess it won't show up.

There's also Welcome to Big Moose Bear (GCMBKP).

Neither of these have your exact coordinates. Since it was a year ago, the coordinates could have been updated.

Let us know. This is kind of fun. Like a puzzle cache.

It may well be that that's the one. Unfortunately if it is, the owner has since made it members only, and I can't get to it. It is south of "Lunch at the Castle," and it does have "Big Bear" in the title. I may be out of luck logging it. Does the description of the cache match my description of the cache size and location?

Thanks, by the way, to everyone helping out here. It's sort of like a remote cache hunt, eh?

Big Bear Geotax (GC136G3) is a members-only cache, which could be the reason it disappeared for you. If you let your membership slip, I guess it won't show up.

That's the one I saw, but on a second look I noticed it was hidden 5/26/2007. To new to be the one found last year.

Wait! Wait!

I don't think it could be the Big Bear one because (as someone already pointed out) it's too new. But Big Moose Bear was actually moved in the past year and I think the name was altered, based on the logs. It's not a members only so take a look at it (I've got the waypoints posted above).

It's still worth it to have the membership, though. Less hassle. And you need to get back in the habit of caching and logging.

It may well be that that's the one. Unfortunately if it is, the owner has since made it members only, and I can't get to it. It is south of "Lunch at the Castle," and it does have "Big Bear" in the title. I may be out of luck logging it. Does the description of the cache match my description of the cache size and location?

Thanks, by the way, to everyone helping out here. It's sort of like a remote cache hunt, eh?

How many finds can I claim on this cache and the two nearest caches, since I have faithfully followed this thread from its inception?

:P

:D

:D

:anibad::P:laughing::anibad: