What's the difference?

What's the difference between (city navigator nt) and (city navigator v2008) ?

The "nt" version was designed for "car" units and is constructed slightly differently. You can fit the entire City Navigator NT onto a 1GB microSD card. The "regular" City Navigator won't fit onto that size of card - you'd need a 2GB card for it. Other than that there should't be any difference at all as long as they are both new versions. If the NT version isn't updated then the 2008 version will have updated waypoints and possibly some new or corrected road information.

Edited by Thrak
What's the difference between (city navigator nt) and (city navigator v2008) ?

The "nt" version was designed for "car" units and is constructed slightly differently. You can fit the entire City Navigator NT onto a 1GB microSD card. The "regular" City Navigator won't fit onto that size of card - you'd need a 2GB card for it. Other than that there should't be any difference at all as long as they are both new versions. If the NT version isn't updated then the 2008 version will have updated waypoints and possibly some new or corrected road information.

So do both versions look and work and cost the same?

Edited by cedarfluteman

... So do both versions look and work and cost the same?

Yes. NT has better compression. However it won't work on some older GPS units.

So if I buy this on sd card it plugs right into my Map 60 csx and it's ready to go? If I get it on DVD I still have to buy a new sd card to load it on? That's like another $30?

So if I buy this on sd card it plugs right into my Map 60 csx and it's ready to go? If I get it on DVD I still have to buy a new sd card to load it on? That's like another $30?

If you buy the pre programmed card you should be able to place the card in the GPS and be ready to go. You will have to do all your route planning on your GPS though since the maps will not be on your computer. You will not be able to add any additional maps to your GPS such as Topo 2008 without changing to another card, or use the card as an external storage device should you have tracks which exceed you GPSs internal storage. You will however be able to use the pre programmed card in different units just by moving it from one to the other. This is good if you have multiple GPSs or intend to upgrade your current model soon; you do not have the unlock code to worry about.

With the DVD you can only unlock one GPS, according to the new policy dated 7 Jun 2007 (which I believe applies starting with CN 2008) and chances are you will need a new MicroSD card if you want to download any sizeable number of maps. Not sure what the 60CSx comes with but my 76CSx came with a 128MB card which was good for the entire state of Texas (CN and Topo). I bought a couple of 1GB cards online for $8.00 ea and on one card was able to put the entire states of TX, NM, AZ, CO, and WA (CN8, Topo 2008 and Inland Lakes) and still had room on the card. Nice thing is I can always change my mapsets for my destination if I need to. If you find yourself traveling from one end of the country to the other on a regular basis then loading the entire US on one card might be for you; but if you are like most people who travel within their home state or surrounding states I think you will find having the entire US is a waste of space. Just my thoughts, your mileage may vary.

Edited by SAPD

... So if I buy this on sd card it plugs right into my Map 60 csx and it's ready to go? If I get it on DVD I still have to buy a new sd card to load it on? That's like another $30?

If you buy it on SD card Garmin has just loaded the maps for you.

If you buy the DVD, you would install it on the SD card that comes with the GPS. Or if you need more memory you can buy a larger SD card from your local Wal Mart (or whoever) and load more maps.

You only need the SD Card if your GPS uses them. The DVD is more versitile.