Public Land Policy

buffaloroam

This must be a common question answered somewhere here, but like many caches, I can't find it. I will be spending some time in Ontario this summer and would like to place a cache in one of my favorite spots. It is public land, but not a park or anything like that. I presume this is OK but don't want to be presumptuous. Can someone please clarify for me? Thank you.

Thank you for your kind replies. There is lovely pink granite outcropping (hill, mostly bald near the top)which offers a nice view of surrounding forests and lakes. A bit off the beaten track but just a short walk from dirt road parking. The closest highway of significance is Rt. 38, north out of Kingston, or south off Rt. 7 from Sharbot Lake. Closest town is Parham. Near Fifth Depot Lake. I live in the Buffalo area but have vacationed in this area on and off since the 60s. Thankfully it hasn't changed much over the years. So yes, in terms of maintenance, I would be in the area only once a year. I suspect that visitors would be on the seldom side for this location, but definitely a gem of a spot in my book. I would appreciate any further input.