Forerunner 205

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever tried using the Forerunner205 for geocaching. I know it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of other GPSr. but it does seem like it would be handy to have it strapped to your wrist and not worring about dropping it along the return trip. From some of the reviews I've read it seems to do a decent job of holding onto sat. signals. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

RB_52

I use a 301 and it gets me there everytime. Like you said, no bells or whistles, but input the co-ords and follow the arrow. Weak signal under tree cover but then you just have to look a search a little harder.

Im waiting for the satmap active ten to be released though. I'll have to raid my piggy bank for that one!

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever tried using the Forerunner205 for geocaching. I know it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of other GPSr. but it does seem like it would be handy to have it strapped to your wrist and not worring about dropping it along the return trip. From some of the reviews I've read it seems to do a decent job of holding onto sat. signals. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

RB_52

Just started using my Forerunner 205 today as a geocacher. It's great! I've used it for running, cycling and now this. I likey!

If I'm not mistaken the forerunner 205 uses the same SIRF III chipset as the 60csx, not saying it would be as good in the woods, but probably not to bad.

Yes, that's correct. I have a 60Cx and a 205. Once the SiRF chipset latches on to the satellites, it holds on like a mad dog!

I have never lost satellite reception under tree cover with either device.