Unactivated Travel Bug

New Jersey TJ

I grabbed a travel bug from a cache today. When I went to log it in, I found out that has not been activated. I was able to trace back and find the cache I think it was originally dropped in; however, there are no logs which indicate who dropped it.

I can't activate the TB, because it's not mine and I don't have the code. Is there any way to find the owner so that the bug can be activated and logged?

Thanks!

I grabbed a travel bug from a cache today. When I went to log it in, I found out that has not been activated. I was able to trace back and find the cache I think it was originally dropped in; however, there are no logs which indicate who dropped it.

I can't activate the TB, because it's not mine and I don't have the code. Is there any way to find the owner so that the bug can be activated and logged?

Thanks!

The Bracelet TB, eh?

I'll have to study the logs. Nothing jumps out at me so far.

Excellent.

I have a decent lead and currently have an email out to that person.

One of the cache loggers mentioned in an earlier log on another cache finding a multi-colored bracelet. And they don't currently own any travel bugs.

(I have to assume the owner doesn't understand the activation process or is having trouble, so no bugs on the account increases the likelihood it's theirs.)

Edited by BlueDeuce

Thanks. I have an e-mail out to Groundspeak.com to see if I can get it activated and then look it up.

That's part of what I was going to discuss. You can have it activated but then you would own it.

Of course you could always adopt it out if the orig owner shows up.