Garmin GPS III Plus help

Man, that's an open ended question. Did you get the cd's? unlock code? manual? serial cable? I just started geocaching this week with the GPS V which looks like essentially the same unit, maybe the III plus doesn't do autorouting? Anyway, I've had pretty good success in the last several days with 13 finds, some in pretty thick trees. If you don't have the manual, I think you can download it from Garmin.com. Learn how to enter coordinates - either by hand or by downloading from your computer. Go to Geocaching.com and search for a hide near your house. Put the III plus in off-road mode and go find it. Good Luck.

I got the unit with the serial cord and manual that is all.

I am wondering at this time if is possible to download waypoints from geocaching.com to the gps unit.

I can not find much info on the unit since it is so old. I was just looking for someone that make help figure it out.

The key will be to learn how to mark and edit waypoints and navigate to to them. You can find that info in your manual.

You can dowload waypoints now if you have a serial port on your PC. If you have a newer PC without a serial port you will need to buy a serial to USB adapter.

For downloading waypoints, EasyGPS is free and the easiest method. You will need to load it your PC.

I use a GPS III Plus

I use GSAK to upload waypoints.

Then press menu till I see waypoints, select it and at the waypoint page hit goto and then you can choose one by name or nearest. The manual will explain most of that but its pretty easy if you just play around with it.