Any motorcycle riders in So. Cal. that like to cache while riding?

I made a steering stem mount for my GPS on my Hayabusa. Just got it running right after some recent mods. I've done a little caching while out on rides but I want to do more.

Just curious. Am I the only cacher that caches off a bike?

I might be into organizing some rides if anyone is interested.

Happy Hunting!

I made a steering stem mount for my GPS on my Hayabusa. Just got it running right after some recent mods. I've done a little caching while out on rides but I want to do more.

Happy Hunting!

I don't have a stem mount on the ZX-14 for the gps yet but we do enjoy motorcycling and caching at the same time. Kinda like icing on the cake!

Z-Wolf

Happy Hunting!

No bike right now, so my topless jeep is my caching ride. Next time you want to get out of the heat and sticky of OC though, cruise up towards Lake Arrowhead. There are a fair number of caches going up Hwy 18 from San Bernardino and even along the highways that go around the lake. Still more for ya if you decide to continue on up to Running Springs.

Happy riding. Might join you if I pick up a bike soon.

My bike.

100_0397.jpg

My GPS in it's mount.

100_0393.jpg

Another angle.

100_0395.jpg

Made my mount from some surplus cellular junk that I had laying around from my previous career.

The trick is machining a nut that fits whatever post you choose down to a diameter that is about 1 100th of an inch over the diameter of the steering stem opening. Then freezing it with some Dust Off and quickly pound it into the stem with a hammer and wooden dowel. I used a clamp style cradle for a Motorola Razor phone to hold the Magellan but I wrap a lanyard around the post just in case it vibrates loose. Modified the Magellan a bit too since the power connector for it is a piece of junk.

I ride,off road and camp quite a bit around Arrowhead,Cajon Pass and Hesperia. I've gotten quite a few caches in the area and a few off the bike. Will head up there again as soon as I get some time off. I don't like riding on the weekends very much due to the roadragers that like to tear up the area.

Been thinking about a Kings Canyon ride before the summer is out. Might tell the boss to to shove it and take a week off. Maybe take a collapsible fishing pole with me too. :P

Happy Hunting!

Edited by potshot