Palm M500 battery question.

I just picked up a used Palm M500. I upgrading from a Palm Pilot IIIxe that used AAA batteries. How long would I expect a fully charged M500 "stock" battery to last before needing to be recharged? My usage would be periodically turning it on and checking the cachemate data for a cache when I get stumped looking for it.

Edited by geospyder

I don't know but it seems to last a long time.

Last year I bought a m515 off of eBay and after a while it didn't seem to last very long. I figured the battery was going, so I ordered a replacement. Well, I could see the previous owner boogered up one of the four tiny screws that hold the cover on. So the battery was going and the owner boogered a screw.

I got the screw out and replaced the battery, now it runs for what seems like forever.

I bought a M500 off ebay. The battery seems to last forever. I went on a 3-week trip, with the battery fully charged, but took a chance and did not take along the charger. I cached almost every day, and the battery lasted the whole trip. My son was even playing solitude on it for a while, until I noticed, and asked him to stop. At the end of the trip. the battery meter was reading 25% charged.

Thanks for the replies. I was so used to carrying extra batteries for the Palm IIIxe 'just in case'. Today was the first time out with the M500. I did have to refer to it and it worked like a charm. It was actually a lot easier to read. The past logs gave me the hint I needed. Dang cache was a nano with cameo paint stuck under a guard rail next to a bolt. Extremely hard to spot.