Scandinavian Cruise

911turbos

We are going on a Scandinavian cruise in August and would like to do at least one geocache in each country. We will only be in each city for a short time (8 hours), so we are looking for recommendations of caches that would be near the cruiseship port and that we could possibly drop a TB or geocoin in. We are planning to do a tour in each city, so that will shorten our caching time even more.

Our ports of call are:

Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark

Stockholm, Sweden

Helsinki, Finland

St. Peterburg, Russia (we will not have a visa, so we are hoping to grab a virtual on one of our tours)

Tallinn, Estonia

Thanks for you help,

Irene and Kevin

911turbos

We are going on a Scandinavian cruise in August and would like to do at least one geocache in each country. We will only be in each city for a short time (8 hours), so we are looking for recommendations of caches that would be near the cruiseship port and that we could possibly drop a TB or geocoin in. We are planning to do a tour in each city, so that will shorten our caching time even more.

911turbos

Thanks for the idea. This is the second time this summer when someone asks this. So, I started to collect a bookmark list. When writing this it has 12 caches, but I hope that I can update it with co-cachers during this summer.

More information

Bookmark list: Caches for tourists in Helsinki

Edited by Haaskalintu

I'm an American living in Sweden for the past 8 years and married to a Swede, but we live about 2.5 hours from Stockholm. Going to be in London the week of Aug 7, when are you guys hitting the port in Sthlm?

We cache as a family, there are a ton of caches in Stockholm, not to mention the fact that it's an absolutely beautiful city with a lot of history! We just recently started caching and hubby and I mentioned taking a trip to the "big city" to do a little caching, just gotta get a room for the night. How long is your ship here? It's a great walking city, so bring good shoes (prolly a "duh" thing, lol), and don't worry much about the language, English is very common here. Bring your camera, lots of beautiful things here!

Feel free to Pm me. I'll help you out the best that I can.

There IS a Swedish geocaching site and you're welcome to go sign up and post there. For the most part Sweden is functionally fluent in English, especially amongst the under 40 group! Gästforum is the guest forum and likely a good place to post this, otherwise, a more proper place would be Cacher, which means "caches."

Oh, and just so you know, you are right across the bridge from Malmö, Sweden when you're in Köpenhamn, Danmark, there's a bridge with a train you can take that will bring you across, depending on how long your port of call is there in Denmark!

Good luck, or, as we say here, lycka till!

Edited by mousekakat