Looks like we are buying Nuvi 350s

yitbos

It looks like I'm buying Nuvi 350's for my sales team. Will the Mapsource program work with this unit? I see there is the newest one which is V8 on DVD. I need to be able to load addresses into the units so they can be used by our sales people. However, I want to make sure I'll be able to do that fairly easily before I invest a thousand in the units.

Thanks for the info.

John

It looks like I'm buying Nuvi 350's for my sales team. Will the Mapsource program work with this unit? I see there is the newest one which is V8 on DVD. I need to be able to load addresses into the units so they can be used by our sales people. However, I want to make sure I'll be able to do that fairly easily before I invest a thousand in the units.

Thanks for the info.

John

MapSource is not maps. MapSource is the program on the PC that manages waypoints, routes, and map transfers to the GPS. The Nuvi comes pre-loaded with City Navigator NT maps for the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. You don't need to buy any others.

Nuvi 350 Info

Edited by Klatch

Thanks for the information. How old are the maps that come preloaded on the Nuvi 350? I'm not sure if they are really up to date or if they are a couple of years old. These are new units but I'm not sure how I would know with that product.

Thanks,

John

Thanks for the information. How old are the maps that come preloaded on the Nuvi 350? I'm not sure if they are really up to date or if they are a couple of years old. These are new units but I'm not sure how I would know with that product.

Thanks,

John

All the map data is several years old, even in the most up-to-date maps. The next version of City Navigator is coming out this summer. Version 8 is the newest currently on the market.

What the purpose of the Nuvi series if we can't load our own routes to the unit? What the adavantages of these units compared with 76/60csx series?

Spoken turn-by-turn directions, picture viewer, mp3 player, optional traffic alerts. The GPS part is dumbed down for automotive units, hence no routes uploaded from the PC, only those generated in the unit itself. Since the maps are preloaded on the GPS, you wouldn't have them on the PC to create routes, anyway. I have both automotive and handheld units. The handhelds are much more robust in their GPS functionality.