Problem with PQ

ParrotRobAndCeCe

I asked this over in the Software forum, but I guess it's more appropriate here.

I have set up a Pocket Query that is configured as follows:

Show me 500 caches

Of any type

Any container

That I haven't found

Terrain is <=2

Difficulty is <=3

Within: None selected

From Origin: My Home Coordinates

Within radius of 100mi

Placed During: None Selected

Attributes to Include: None Selected

Attributes to Exclude: None Selected

Output to: This account's email address

In GPX format

Compress into ZIP format

Now, when I preview the thing I get all 500 caches. The radius is smaller than 100 miles, but that's expected because I only have to go about 35 miles out to get to 500 caches. However, when the GPX file shows up in my mailbox, there are only 78 cache records in it. Any ideas what might be going wrong?

HOw do you know there are only 78 - please decribe in detail as that probably holds the explanation.....

Well, two ways. One, only 78 caches get imported to GSAK when I open the GPX file. So, of course, being an engineer I decided to dig deeper and opened the GPX file in my favorite text/script editor, and found there are only 78 caches actually in the file, so it's not a GSAK issue, it's the GPX file itself.

I think I have used GC numbers for some of my PQs and they are okay -- they get converted to coordinates -- but a couple of months ago someone was having this exact problem with "Home Coordinates." I don't know if anyone researched why it was happening . . . :rolleyes:

I think I have used GC numbers for some of my PQs and they are okay -- they get converted to coordinates -- but a couple of months ago someone was having this exact problem with "Home Coordinates." I don't know if anyone researched why it was happening . . . :rolleyes:

Thats what i was thinking as well - I have never had a problem but I know several who have.

Thats what i was thinking as well - I have never had a problem but I know several who have.

I've always meant to bring this up and ask if it was functioning. Home coords never work for me in a PQ. I get nothing.

Just an update -

Miragee, thank you for the tip. I changed my PQ immediately after I read your suggestion and changed the center of my search to the waypoint of the nearest cache to my home. The GPX file in my mailbox today has all 500 waypoints in it.

Thank you so much for the help.

I wonder if this is a bug that someone is working on?

You're welcome . . . :signalviolin:

I don't know if anyone is working on this . . . I'm surprised it doesn't come up here more frequently because I would assume the first PQ people create is from their Home Coordinates.

Maybe it only happens in certain areas . . . :mmraspberry: