Topo 2008 on 60C

AlSi

When displaying the Topo map on my 60c the background is tan instead of the green displayed on the computer. The tan background makes it hard to determine if I am displaying the Topo or City Select map. Is it possible to transfer the Topo to the 60c with the green background.

Thanks

Alan

Edited by AlSi

When displaying the Topo map on my 60c the background is tan instead of the green displayed on the computer. The tan background makes it hard to determine if I am displaying the Topo or City Select map. Is it possible to transfer the Topo to the 60c with the green background.

Thanks

Alan

On my 60Cx I need to "hide" all other mapping products I have loaded for my Topo 2008 to show the green background as viewed in MapSource. You do this thru the Setup Map menu. For example, I have Nat Parks 24K loaded, and if this is in the "show" mode I will get the tan background.

Ah, I should have asked of the geographic area you were looking at. The green areas in Topo 2008 are park lands. By me, we have the Adirondacks, Catskills, and many smaller State Parks and Wildlife Management Areas, all of which display as green. Other areas display as tan. Perhaps the area you have looked at or loaded there are no park lands. If the areas are green in Mapsource, they display as green in my Map60Cx.

You made me go back and check. I was looking at an area between national forest areas. We are going to Gunnison National Forest on Monday.

I have the Garmin Topo, the Delorme Topo, and National Geographic Back Roads but still feel I do not have a map that gives the complete picture. N.G. makes you buy a state map in order to get the good detail, something I did not realize when I bought it. Delorme has TopoQuad but I am out of time for having it shipped.

I have been trying to find a map to download that I can put on my Palm Tungsten that has good detail.

As it stand right now I have the Garmin Topo on my 60c and the Delorme on my Tungsten.

Alan