midlet to search for caches

There used to be a midlet that would enable one to search for caches from a phone.

Various postings refer to it being at http://mobile.guk2.com/ (which is invalid) or mention it having stopped working.

Does anyone know what is is the current ability to find caches from a (UK) phone, and why did the previous midlet stop working?

Benedict

You can actually search for them on WAP by logging into the Groundspeak WAP site at the same URL as the regular web page.

I prefer the geocacheuk one. It does still work, you will have to change the target to geocacheuk rather than GUK.

Could you spell out the full URL please? I can't get any combination to work for me.

Thanks.

The download link is dead. But the midlet still worked on my phone at the weekend. The geocacheuk site seems to be down today as well. :unsure: So not able to help at all sorry.

The download link is dead. But the midlet still worked on my phone at the weekend. The geocacheuk site seems to be down today as well. :unsure: So not able to help at all sorry.

Do you still have the midlet's .jad and .jar in an emailable form? I'd really appreciate that, and perhaps then we could put it back where it belongs.

The download link is dead. But the midlet still worked on my phone at the weekend. The geocacheuk site seems to be down today as well. :angry: So not able to help at all sorry.

Do you still have the midlet's .jad and .jar in an emailable form? I'd really appreciate that, and perhaps then we could put it back where it belongs.

No I have looked on my PC, i seem to recall following prompts on the website which then downloaded it straight to my phone. I back up my phone via the infrared port onto my work laptop i will see if I can extract it from the phone.

The programme was written by the Weston Wanderers has anyone asked them if they have a copy of it?

I found the link which will allow it to be downloaded. It seems to be on the old guk2 server but I can save it to my PC.

Midlet

I tried it today and it failed, I last used it successfully on the 11th June this year. So not sure if it has stopped working now or if it just struggled today.

I think probably the best bet is to wait for Teasel but the link is above if you want to try it.

I found the link which will allow it to be downloaded. It seems to be on the old guk2 server but I can save it to my PC.

Midlet

I tried it today and it failed, I last used it successfully on the 11th June this year. So not sure if it has stopped working now or if it just struggled today.

I think probably the best bet is to wait for Teasel but the link is above if you want to try it.

Many thanks for this. It downloaded and installed OK, but hangs when I try to update the caches. Perhaps it is accessing a wrong server address. I'll just have to wait for Teasel.