Different Long/Lat

RamseyHunter

Hi All

My GPS arrived yesterday and I started to download some cache sites ready for a hunt today. I am using EasyGPS and my word, is it easy - brilliant!

BUT, I have noticed that the Long/Lat is different when downloaded - not by much, for example, one nearby is: N 54° 16.520 W 004° 21.795, but when I send it to my GPS, it is logged as N54 16.869 W004 21.405

Should I change my GPS to the co-ords on the site or not be too worried? And why does it do this?

Look forward to some sound advice - cheers, Chris.

Hi All

My GPS arrived yesterday and I started to download some cache sites ready for a hunt today. I am using EasyGPS and my word, is it easy - brilliant!

BUT, I have noticed that the Long/Lat is different when downloaded - not by much, for example, one nearby is: N 54° 16.520 W 004° 21.795, but when I send it to my GPS, it is logged as N54 16.869 W004 21.405

Should I change my GPS to the co-ords on the site or not be too worried? And why does it do this?

Look forward to some sound advice - cheers, Chris.

It seems like this happens every now and then on Groundspeak. It happened to a friend when we were out caching. luckily I had punched the coordinates in right off the website and we found the cache. If we had went by his gps we would have been 70 feet off. I would use the coordinates on the website.

Datum set correctly. I am off to try and find the one I cited - I will take both sets of data to see how far off it throws me. I hope I don't have to alter all the data every time, seems to challenge the convienience of being able to download it!

Thanks so far.... any other suggestions welcome! :)