Travel Bugs with a goal.

Team FIREBOY

We put out some travel bugs with their goal attached to them via a laminated card and a zip tie. Should we expect cachers to move these towards their goal, or just to move them cache to cache? We drove over a hundred miles to drop one in CO., with a goal of going to the Caribbean islands, and someone picked it up and brought it back north to WY. When we find a TB that has a specific goal, and we can't help it get closer to that goal we leave it in the cache for someone else to pick up. What is the "norm" for this? How do other people move TB's with goals?

Sometimes moving a TB to a TB Hotel increases the chance that your TB may get closer.

Having said that, I have a TB that wants to go to Australia, launched it here in Southern California, and it hitched a ride to Europe. It's okay with me.

When you send a TB into the wild, you have to be prepared for your TB to have a journey. The journey is the fun part, even if it's only moved 0.1 mile at a time.

I also ask that cachers post photos of the TB's travels. I've seen some in pretty funny predicaments! Just have fun with it!