Geocoin Taken and Not Logged

DammitNanet

Okay, so I've been getting into Geocoins. I think they are sooo cool; although none of the ones I've placed have been moved along yet. My personal recent favorite coin is the Dark Side of the Cache Geocoin.

Dooley_edition_standard1Front150.jpg

I placed it in a cache called "Breathe" which I thought was completely appropriate. Several days later, a cacher logged a find for the Breathe cache and stated they took the Dark Side of the Cache coin to move along. But, they never logged the coin. It's only been two weeks, but is it appropriate for me to email this cacher and ask them to log the coin???? :)

Okay, so I've been getting into Geocoins. I think they are sooo cool; although none of the ones I've placed have been moved along yet. My personal recent favorite coin is the Dark Side of the Cache Geocoin.

Dooley_edition_standard1Front150.jpg

I placed it in a cache called "Breathe" which I thought was completely appropriate. Several days later, a cacher logged a find for the Breathe cache and stated they took the Dark Side of the Cache coin to move along. But, they never logged the coin. It's only been two weeks, but is it appropriate for me to email this cacher and ask them to log the coin???? :)

Edited by scrapper1115

I wouldn't worry about it. The person who took the coin is an avid geocacher who doesn't do park n grabs, so he doesn't get out every week to move the coin along. I'm sure he will in time.

I think the issue isn't that he hasn't put it into another cache but that he didn't (on the GC.com) site log it out of the previous one so it says that it's "in his hands"). I would say email him about it...as noted he's no rookie so it sounds like an honest mistake and not that he didn't know how to do it. The first time I moved a travel bug I didn't know how to log it out and within two days (because I said in my log that I took the bug) I got a friendly email about it and figured it out......

I think the issue isn't that he hasn't put it into another cache but that he didn't (on the GC.com) site log it out of the previous one so it says that it's "in his hands").

Maybe he's lazy like me. :rolleyes:

Thanks all. I think that the issue, in my mind, is that he didn't log that specific geocoin. He could hang onto for as long as he'd like to, but I don't want others to have to hike up that blasted mountain to specifically go for this coin (because it is very cool) and have it not be there.

Brian, for some reason I think you are anything but lazy. The new caches placed by you around here coupled with the hikes surrounding them is definitely not something a lazy person would do. :unsure:

Didnt you know he uses a helicopter available to all the forum moderators and just drops them from the air. <_<

Not only moderators. Platinum members can also use them for a modest fee.

That's funny you say that - I think a good percentage of my finds are his caches! I don't have many finds - maybe 40 or so at this point, but everytime I search from my home, there's several of Briansnat's caches on every page!