Retrieving Travel Bugs/Geocoins

TazmanianDevils

I use a Geocoin to keep track of my mileage as do a lot of other cachers that I Know. The thing that I hate is that when I want to retrieve my coin or TB I always have to re-enter the TB/coin number and I also have to put something in the comment field. It would make things so much easier if the owners of tb's or coins could just click the retrieve and be done with it if they wanted. Do you think that you could incorporate something for this?

Thanks

TazmanianDevils

I use a Geocoin to keep track of my mileage as do a lot of other cachers that I Know.

Dont several websites/programs do that for you when you load your info in it?

I hate seeing those TB's logged in and logged out of cache histories. I mean, they were never really there in the cache.

I dont know, there are people that are Travel Bugs, Pets, Vehicles and various other items that are never actually placed into a cache. I think that if you paid for the TB you should be able to use it anyway that you choose. this is a quote from the Groundspeak page on Travel bugs.

"What is a Groundspeak Travel Bug?

Simply put, a Groundspeak Travel Bug is a trackable tag that you attach to an item. This allows you to track your item on Geocaching.com. The item becomes a hitchhiker that is carried from cache to cache (or person to person) in the real world and you can follow its progress online.

What does a Travel Bug do?

It's really up to the owner of the bug to give it whatever task they desire. Or no task at all. The fun of a travel bug is inventing new goals for the Travel Bug to achieve. One Bug's goal may be to reach a specific country, or travel to 10 countries.

How do Travel Bugs work?

Each Travel Bug has its own unique tracking number stamped on it. This tracking number is used as proof by the user that they found the item. It also doubles as a way for the user to locate the personal web page for the travel bug.

Travel Bugs are tracked with the help of users who go online and "grab" them from caches, or receive them from users. The idea is by picking up and dropping off Travel Bugs on the web site you are mirroring the Bug's real world adventures. Each Travel Bug has its own "diary" that follows its movements."

Edited by TazmanianDevils