Navigation

Hello;

How do you change your route on the fly?

I mapped a route this weekend. On the setup of my route (computer) I set to avoid Toll Roads.

The GPS did not do this and I tried to re-route on the fly.

1. I stoped Navigation picked the way point I wanted to go to and did a re-calulate. The GPS kept telling me to back to the Toll Road I was trying to avoid.

Any tips hints or tricks

2. Same sort of problem

Navigation from my home it keeps telling the long way to local Interstate. How do I modify and save it so when I make new routes it knows the way I like to take to (I-70)?

Hello;

I mapped a route this weekend. On the setup of my route (computer) I set to avoid Toll Roads.

1. I stoped Navigation picked the way point I wanted to go to and did a re-calulate. The GPS kept telling me to back to the Toll Road I was trying to avoid.

Any tips hints or tricks

2. Same sort of problem

Navigation from my home it keeps telling the long way to local Interstate. How do I modify and save it so when I make new routes it knows the way I like to take to (I-70)?

Go to menu; Stop navigation, then enter your new Goto waypoint.

On my Garmin 76CSx I would go to Setup, Routing, and then tick the box to avoid Toll Roads. I'm at work and can't check if that's the exact sequence but it's in the same place as the box to tick to avoid U Turns, unpaved roads, etc.

Edited by Thrak

On my Garmin 76CSx I would go to Setup, Routing, and then tick the box to avoid Toll Roads. I'm at work and can't check if that's the exact sequence but it's in the same place as the box to tick to avoid U Turns, unpaved roads, etc.

Thanks!! I found that setting changed mine and I will test it.

Hello;

Any tips hints or tricks

2. Same sort of problem

To save you future aggravation, know that you can't really create a route on your PC for your GPS. All you're doing is sending the starting and ending points to your unit, and the unit will calculate the route. That route may, or may not match what you saw on your PC. The best you can do is to set a few waypoints along the way, in order to force a route to go a particular direction.