Cache locations on page

5Tucks

How come some caches are listed in one state when they are actually located in another.

GC1B49 Sturgeon Fishing by DenaliNW says it is in Washington, but my map and the one on the site show it in Oregon. Same with GC13B1Z Bonnie's Bug by vanpelt (2/4).

I also noticed a couple on the Idaho and Washington border, GCA95C Water Trough Glen by Logscaler and Red (1/1) says Washington but is in Idaho.

Thanks

Jeff/5Tucks

How come some caches are listed in one state when they are actually located in another.

GC1B49 Sturgeon Fishing by DenaliNW says it is in Washington, but my map and the one on the site show it in Oregon. Same with GC13B1Z Bonnie's Bug by vanpelt (2/4).

I also noticed a couple on the Idaho and Washington border, GCA95C Water Trough Glen by Logscaler and Red (1/1) says Washington but is in Idaho.

Thanks

Jeff/5Tucks

These are all very close to the border. It's just an owner's mistake. If it bothers you, contact a reviewer or the owner about it.

With the new look pages it seems okay, but previously when I lived in San Diego would see AZ maps with a circle around Phoenix, and when I moved to Phoenix on caches here I would see a map of CA with a small circle around San Diego.

Guess I never really paid attention to the fact that I enter the state in when creating a cache. Just figured it was set by where the coordinates placed it and that was the state of record.

It's wasnt a map issue because it is displayed correctly on the map, although I have noticed the maps being incorrect occasionally too.

Not a big deal, like I said, I was assuming the State name was being determined by the coords.

Thanks for the input.