WV Travel Bug Found, Cannot Track

Beaver Crew

I took a travel bug out of the 'Wallback Lake Cache", and placed it in the "The Links" cache, now I am back at the computer, I wrote down the number, but it does not come up on Groundspeak, and the Wallback Lake cache does not say that it had this travelbug in it. What do I do from here.

desperately try different possible combinations (was that an i, L or 1?! Sometimes my 2's look like Z's etc) Hopefully there's a good enough description on the cache page, that you'll recognize if you pick the right one... good luck!!

If anything how far a trip was it to the cache?

The Baboon "Pinky" was handed to some cachers from Toledo, then discovered by someone else. That one has a problem too, but I don't think it's this one. Can we see a picture, or get a description of this bug? Did it have a metal tag on it from Groundspeak with a UPC type symbol in the shape of a bug on it? Or was it a traveler tag of some other type, which you couldn't track on geocaching.com no matter how hard you try. More info please.

I think I was confused yesterday, I am still new to this, though I still have a problem. My mistake was that a travel bug does come up on Groundspeak, but I saw were it said "Use TBJGYB to reference this item", and I thought that was not the same travel bug, I realize now that that code is the way to reference it without giving away the true number, or at least I think that is right. MY PROBLEM still is that that bug shows that a jgabe took it out of Mike Fink & The Unknown Indian on 3/11/07 and has never logged putting it back in any cache.