Help! I've mixed up my TB logs

I need some help. Today I have dropped off a diabetes TB in The Water Tower cache and a diabetes TB in Buryed Treasure 2-The Hoard. However I have mixed them up on the logs and can't see how to get the right ones on the right cache pages. I only have the number for one of them and it now seems as if I still have one in my posession. Can anyone help.

I've sorted one now but still can't move Chaochou TB to the correct cache.

Edited by blueboots

Well, you're going to need the tracking number to retrieve the bug out of the wrong cache. Deleting the drop log won't undo it.

A few options.

1. Sometimes your internet browser stores the numbers you've enter into a buffer. Go to the bug page, Select Found It? Log it! and in the Travel Bug Tracking # enter in a U. Maybe it'll auto-populate the number for you.

2. Contact previous finders and see if they saved off the number.

3. Go back out to where the bug is and read the number.

Okay, now this is weird. I gave this same advice to a UK cacher trying to log a Diabetes bug who goes by the name Grayboots.

:P:rolleyes:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=163958

Thanks for your advice BlueDeuce, tried the U thing but not lucky. Guess I will just go back and get the number and be more careful in the future. By the way Grayboots is not related, weird coincidence.

Have you put the Chaochou TB into a fairly frequently visited cache? If so, the next cacher to find it will be able to sort the error out for you. I'm guessing that the two caches were fairly close to each other, so the mileage differences won't be great? As these Diabetes TBs seem to be wandering fairly randomly I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would give different advice if it was a personal TB that was on a specific mission. :P

MrsB :rolleyes:

Have you put the Chaochou TB into a fairly frequently visited cache? If so, the next cacher to find it will be able to sort the error out for you. I'm guessing that the two caches were fairly close to each other, so the mileage differences won't be great? As these Diabetes TBs seem to be wandering fairly randomly I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would give different advice if it was a personal TB that was on a specific mission. :anicute:

MrsB :anicute:

Thanks for your reply, I think you are probably right as they are not too far apart.