Kudos to State Park Official for Spring Picnic

I would like to thank the Property Manager, and the Park Naturalist for all the help they gave us for the 2007 Spring Picnic at Potato Creek State Park. The park officials were friendly and helpful during the event, and during all the prep time for it.

Unfortunately we had several cachers that did not respect the park rules, and parked either on the grass, or along the park road. Hopefully the gentle nudge given by park rangers reminded those cachers to follow the park rules, and have common courtesy to park in designated areas.

I was told that there was an over-zealous ranger that was telling people seeking caches around the park perimeter, that they should not be there. But, I understand his concerns. Those roads are busy with park visitors, and in the past some people have tried to access the park without going through the main gate. I am sure the ranger was concerned for their safety, and overwhelmed when he saw several cars parked at gates that are designated for authorized vehicles only. I am sure that none of the cachers were trying to sneak in, but he was trying to do his job.

The DNR and State Parks have been very cacher friendly recently. (last fall's Fall Into Caching and the Ranger Raccoon and the Indiana DNR Geocoins are a couple of good examples) Lets all use these great resources and help support them too.

I also would like to thank all those that attended the event, and remind them of the fun and great time they had at the park. Without the Attendees, there would be no event, no matter how much planning and preparation is done in advance.

Thanks for sharing in this Adventure

Gary and Mary

We'd like to thank the DNR employee manning the campground check-in booth for allowing us to drive around the campground and jot down site numbers that would interest us. We didn't have much time to cache on picnic day, but we are definitely planning a camping trip here. It looks like a nice park with great trails and we are looking forward to hiking and caching with our 2 geodogs when we return.

Thanks for all the work involved in preparing this event!