Free image viewer for Palm?

JockoPablo

I'm using Cachemate on my Palm m500 to handle cache details, but I find that if I'm going to an area I'm unfamiliar with I still need to print out a map so I know where to park.

Is there a free (or cheap) image viewer for Palm I can use to view the cache maps?

Thanks.

Palm OS 5 comes with an image viewer (it's called Media), but the m500 doesn't run OS 5 AFAIK.

What I've been doing is printing cache descriptions to PDF files (using the built-in PDF creation in Mac OS X), then viewing them on my Palm with PalmPDF, which is free and excellent. You could do this with maps too.

Edited by marnen

Palm OS 5 comes with an image viewer (it's called Media), but the m500 doesn't run OS 5 AFAIK.

What I've been doing is printing cache descriptions to PDF files (using the built-in PDF creation in Mac OS X), then viewing them on my Palm with PalmPDF, which is free and excellent. You could do this with maps too.

I found PalmPDF before but it says it's "for almost every Palm OS 5 device." Does it work with earlier versions too?

Thanks for the info!

I found PalmPDF before but it says it's "for almost every Palm OS 5 device." Does it work with earlier versions too?

I thought it did, but if it's advertised like that, it may not. You certainly could try Acrobat Reader for Palm, though it's not that good.

I've used Plucker to display photos of my kids on my m105 (PalmOS 3.5)...yeah...they're 4-bit greyscale, but it's better than nothing...

I haven't tried running a map bitmap through it (yet), but I'd think it would work - even better that the photo's since there's not that much color req'd for a map.

BTW - you know about GPXSpinner & Plucker for GC'ing, right? I'm actually using this PLUS Cachemate for now...just because...

-RenHoek