going paperless

eddyokie

Whenever a Palm is set up it's given a name. I'm not sure how you find the name of your Palm though. I'll look and see and get back to you unless some one else beats me to it.

Also the reason it asks for a name is to keep you from giving the unlock code to anyone else.

El Diablo

You give your palm a hotsync name when you first go to hotsync it. You can either create one after you hit the hotsync or you can open palm desktop, go up to the right hand corner and click on the down arrow in the "user" box and then scroll down to edit user names. Then go from there either renaming, editing, creating a new, etc.

On a side note, the m100s, being so inexpensive, are great for geocaching. I went a little further and got an m125. Couldn't cache without it now.

If this doesn't help let me know and I'll see if I can't walk you through it. And if I can help out in any other way just let me know....

biosearch

I was trying to download cachemate from smittyware,and it asked me for palm os hotsync name what is that? I bought a palm 100 from ebay,and Iam in the dark on how to use it.