Lost in Translation

Sportsfrau

Hello fellow cachers,

I will be on vacation in foreign countries (= France and GB) in summer and want to leave TBs there. To avoid confusion with logging the TBs, I want to leave a note with each TB saying something like:

I left this TB being on vacation in COUNTRY. Therefore I might not have access to a computer before DATE. To avoid confusion please don't log this TB as "grabbed" before I'm able to log it as "dropped off" when I'm back home. Thank You, Sportsfrau

Is this correct English? Are "grabbed" and "dropped off" the correct terms?

Thanx, Sportsfrau

I left this TB being on vacation in COUNTRY. Therefore I might not have access to a computer before DATE. To avoid confusion please don't log this TB as "grabbed" before I'm able to log it as "dropped off" when I'm back home. Thank You, Sportsfrau

I'd say "dropped" only instead of "dropped off". But I think people will understand anyway.

And I think you will find internet-cafes almost anywhere where you can go, so dropping the bug won't be much of a problem :laughing:

Hello Sportsfrau,

I believe your original message would be clearly understood. Nonetheless, in case you wanted a version that was grammatically correct, and uses the Groundspeak terminology, I've gone ahead and made those changes:

I left this TB being while on vacation in COUNTRY. Therefore and, I might not have access to a computer before DATE. To avoid confusion, please don't log this TB as "grabbed retrieved" before I'm able to log it as having been "dropped off placed" when I'm back home. Thank Yyou, Sportsfrau

Hope this helps! Enjoy your vacation!!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen aus Muenchen...

Hello Sportsfrau,

I believe your original message would be clearly understood. Nonetheless, in case you wanted a version that was grammatically correct, and uses the Groundspeak terminology, I've gone ahead and made those changes:

I left this TB being while on vacation in COUNTRY. Therefore and, I might not have access to a computer before DATE. To avoid confusion, please don't log this TB as "grabbed retrieved" before I'm able to log it as having been "dropped off placed" when I'm back home. Thank Yyou, Sportsfrau

Hope this helps! Enjoy your vacation!!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen aus Muenchen...

Actually Grabbed would be correct as Retrieve is not an option when a bug is in a cacher's inventory.

Actually Grabbed would be correct as Retrieve is not an option when a bug is in a cacher's inventory.

Indeed! I stand corrected. Regardless of what you use Sportsfrau, I'm sure the finder will understand. In fact, you could go with your original text and I doubt that there would be any misunderstanding.

Cheers!

In fact, you could go with your original text and I doubt that there would be any misunderstanding.

I admit, my intention was academic. :anicute: I didn't assume my text would be misunderstood, I simply want it to be correct English. Thank you all for your suggestions!

I left this TB while on vacation in COUNTRY and I might not have access to a computer before DATE. To avoid confusion please don't log this TB as "grabbed" before I'm able to log it as having been "placed". Thank you, Sportsfrau

Should I contact the TB owner before attaching a note to her/his TB?

Sportsfrau