60CSx new manual out (Mar '07, revision D)

All the new features are now documented and for example on page 36 you can read how to view "Vertical Profiles of routes" (new in v3.30).

I checked it out on National Parks Topo and it works great! Now if only there was a USA 24k Topo (not just national parks) and could use it concurrently with the City Navigator...

Even better, a City Navigator with the 24k Topo embedded in it. Of course with Garmin-style pricing that DVD would cost $1299 or something ...

:shocked:

I just wanted to point everyone to the March 2007 revision D of the Owner's Manual for the GPSmap 60CSx. You can download it at:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/manual.js...145&pID=310

All the new features are now documented and for example on page 36 you can read how to view "Vertical Profiles of routes" (new in v3.30).

I wonder if that means we are going to see the end of new features for this model? I am pretty happy with it the way it is, but I know there are those out there wanting more.

Brian

I wonder if that means we are going to see the end of new features for this model? I am pretty happy with it the way it is, but I know there are those out there wanting more.

Brian

Yes, i want to save tracks on µSD and load it from µSD without any computer. :unsure:

Yes, i want to save tracks on µSD and load it from µSD without any computer. :unsure:

Well, we can start a "pinned" thread to collect all the various features/changes 60CSx users would like to see. After we have enough mass we can start calling Garmin and point them to the thread.

Who is in???

I checked it out on National Parks Topo and it works great!
Maybe you can give me a hint? I tried it with a route and a track and it is not working. :drama:

For the route there is no "Profile" option in the menu. For the track I can choose the "Profile" option. But on the following profile page, there are only two flags shown without any profile between them.

By the way: Both track and route lead down the grand canyon and USA topo 24k NP, West was the only activated map on the 60CSx (FW3.3).

Within MapSource (6.12.3) it worked for the route, for the track I can't press the "Show Profile..." button. It's grey.

Any idea? Thanks in advance,

Mathias

I checked it out on National Parks Topo and it works great!
Maybe you can give me a hint? I tried it with a route and a track and it is not working. :ph34r:
Hint: Page 36 of the manual. :D
That's what I tried, of course, but it's not working:
  1. I put the GPS mode to "off" and enter a new location manually near GC village.
  2. I go to the routes page and activate a route down in the GC.
  3. I check on the maps page and can see the route on the map.
  4. On the active route page (I tried on all the others also) I press "Menu". But: There is no "Profile" option in the appearing menu... :P

Any other idea?

Edited by Mathias71