explorist 400

Is there a place that shows how to change file types so I can download the files to my gps. I think I will need step by step instructions. I just can't figure it out. Thanks

If you can let us know what software you are using we can help you a little bit more. The Magellan Geocache Manager software can handle both .loc and .gs files for you to help transfer waypoints. The geocaching manager have been provided with your GPSr. On the other hand a lot of users here use either GSAK or EasyGPS which both should be able to transfer waypoints to your unit trouble free.

I am using Mapsend that came with the gps. I got the Magellan Geocache Manager but for some reason I can't change the .loc file ext. to whatever the explorist needs. I download from Geocaching.com and save the files but when I go to convert them with Geocache Manager I can't find the files.

Is it the case that you do not see the file in the folder where you saved it, or that you cannot find the folder?

Geocache Manager will accept .loc files and convert them to .gs files for your Explorist. All you should have to do is open the loc file with GM, then send it to your Explorist. So from what I can understand right now of your problem, you need to be able to find the .loc file wherever you saved it.

So are you able to open the .loc files in the geocaching manager or no? I'm having trouble figuring out if the problem you are having is on the PC or on the GPSr.

My original though was that you were transfering the files to the GPSr and then not finding them because they were on the memory card and you were looking at internal memory, as that seems to be a common mistake. But now I'm not so sure.

When you go to the menu -> points of interest -> geocaches it takes you to a folder on your GPS unit. There should be a file there. If there isn't you need to push the thumbstick up and down until you get the option to go up a folder. You repeatedly go up a folder until you can't go up any more and get the option for either SD Card or Internal Memory. It's a little hard to describe and took myself a little bit to really figure out but after playing around with it for a bit you should be able to find it. Keep us posted.

:anicute::anicute::lol::o:)B) I finally got it. You don't know how many hours (and I mean hours) I had trying to figure it out. I was making it alot harder than it was. I want to say THANKS for all the help. I should of seen these forums before I spent all the time I did trying to figure it out. Now I can't wait till Sunday to go find some caches. Thanks Again