Garmin GPSMAP 60csx

digiled

First decide what application to use....i personally use gsak. First insert the disk that came with your 60csx into your computer and install all the software. This will also install the drivers for your unit.

Then become a premium member of geocaching.com so you can create pocket queries this will help you greatly in getting all the info you need to your GPS..the premium membership is 3.00 a month or 30.00 a year. Once a premium member create a couple PQs and soon they wil be in your email.

Download the file that you were sent from the site.

Then connect the usb cable to your computer and to the back of your unit. When looking at the back of the 60csx its the lower left rubber cover that has the usb connection.

Open up your waypoint manager of choice, as i said i prefer gsak for this. If using gsak open up the program and select the GPS heading on the tool bar and click setup. Select your gps and settings and it will be ready to upload to your GPS.

Then go to file -> open GPX/LOC file and select the zip file you recieved from GC.com this will import all the caches and information about the caches to gsak. Once inported you can select GPS again and hit send..this will upload the geocaches into your 60scx and bam you are ready to cache.

If you need more details let me know, but there are many posts in this forum about this very thing and about how to use gsak to its full potential.

I hope this helps

I'm using the method outlined here:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=...amp;#entry26848

This gives you much more information in the notes section, including more of the hint, and lets you store as many caches as the space on your card allows. If you prefer to use the 60CSx's built-in geocaching features then just set the "Waypoint description format" field in GSAK's "Send Waypoints to GPS" dialog to %hint.

Craig

I'm using the method outlined here:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=...amp;#entry26848

This gives you much more information in the notes section, including more of the hint, and lets you store as many caches as the space on your card allows. If you prefer to use the 60CSx's built-in geocaching features then just set the "Waypoint description format" field in GSAK's "Send Waypoints to GPS" dialog to %hint.

Craig

Just for the OP's info: If you use the method detailed above, you will not be able to use your unit's 'Geocaching Mode' features with the Points of Interest. Caches must be loaded as Waypoints in order to use the special geocaching features built into your unit.