Can I use VZNavigator on a cell phone for Geocaching?

I just purchased a new cell phone for my Verizon Wireless service. I signed up for VZNavigator and am enjoying it for automobile navigation. Two things about it make me think it may not work for Geocaching. First, I can not find any way to enter Latitude and Logitude. Is this required for Geocaching? Second, it only supports a source and destination - no multiple stops. Will this work for Geocaching? Thanks.

Reading through the information on their website I have not found a way that you can enter in GPS coordinates. You can enter a "home" address, but that wouldn't really provide the functionality you need either as most caches aren't at addressed locations.

My gut feeling is "no" you can not use it for geocaching at this time. I'd contact a Verizon rep and see if you can get anyone with product knowledge on it...they may be able to tell you if they are planning on allowing that in a future release.

But don't let that stop you. Why not geocache manually? You don't need to set a waypoint when your VZNavigator will display your lat/lon on the screen.

You know where the lat/lon of the geocache is. Write that on a piece of paper.

Head out and start hunting. Watch your cell phone VZNavigator display while you are walking. Keep wandering around until the lat/lon on your display is the same as that on your piece of paper.

But don't let that stop you. Why not geocache manually? You don't need to set a waypoint when your VZNavigator will display your lat/lon on the screen.

You know where the lat/lon of the geocache is. Write that on a piece of paper.

Head out and start hunting. Watch your cell phone VZNavigator display while you are walking. Keep wandering around until the lat/lon on your display is the same as that on your piece of paper.

I am not sure it updates real time. Maybe he can answer that for us though.