MultiCache

I have a spot picked out for a sweet cache but there is a multi nearby. I'm not sure where all the stages of the multi are and it is quite possible that a stage in the multi may be very near where I would like to place my cache. I don't want to go through all the work of placing the cache if it is going to be denied because it is to close to another cache. Do they base their decision on the starting point of the multi only, or do they include all the stages? Also, I am planning a night cache that will travel a trail that passes withing 300 feet of other caches. The start and end are at least .2 miles from any other cache. Is this OK? Thanks!!!

I have a spot picked out for a sweet cache but there is a multi nearby. I'm not sure where all the stages of the multi are and it is quite possible that a stage in the multi may be very near where I would like to place my cache. I don't want to go through all the work of placing the cache if it is going to be denied because it is to close to another cache. Do they base their decision on the starting point of the multi only, or do they include all the stages? Also, I am planning a night cache that will travel a trail that passes withing 300 feet of other caches. The start and end are at least .2 miles from any other cache. Is this OK? Thanks!!!
Your cache must be 528 feet from all stages of another person's multi cache. So you might want to email your reviewer with your potential coords first...

For a correct and complete summary of the Cache Saturation Guideline, see this post in the FAQ thread that's pinned at the top of the "Getting Started" forum. For example, if the nearby stage of the multicache is a virtual waypoint, you may or may not have an issue.

The best thing to do would be to find the nearby multicache before hiding your own. Besides knowing where all the waypoints are, you'll be able to hide your cache in a manner that complements the existing multi, rather than being redundant.

The cache saturation guideline is the one you need to be concerned with.

The cache saturation guideline applies to all physical stages of multicaches and mystery/puzzle caches, as well as any other stages entered as “stages of a multicache.” The guideline does NOT apply to event caches, earthcaches, grandfathered virtual and webcam caches, stages of multicaches or puzzle caches entered as “question to answer” or “reference point,” or to any “bogus” posted coordinates for a puzzle cache. Within a single multicache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between waypoints.

Why not just go and find the multi so you know exactly where the waypoints are that you must keep away from ?

I think I'll just go ahead and send the coords of my proposed cache to the reviewer and see what he says. I'm no fan of multi's. Don't know why, just don't care for them. The multi I'm placing near has (from what I hear) lots of stages and takes the better part of a day. I'd rather not mess with it. Thanks for your help.

Geojoe