Garmin GPSMAP 195 Waypoints

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 195, and am trying out Geocaching Swiss Army Knife. I have been trying to get my waypoints to transfer over to the handheld, but haven't figured it out.

I put the handheld in the Setup/Input-Output mode, and the transfer mode to Request Waypoints. I then set GSAK to send waypoints, and the progress bar and messages on both the PC and the handheld tell me that they've sent/received the data. But when I look for waypoints, they are not there.

Does anyone else have any ideas? If GSAK doesn't work with this unit, is there other software that might? Sorry if this seems like a total noob question, but guess what? I am! Anyway, thanks!

Rich

In the Input/Output screen it should be set for Data Transfer for the format and Slave Mode for the transfer. I haven't messed around much with GSAK. EasyGPS will upload data to the unit. While the 195 has been a trusted friend in the cockpit (now replaced by a 496) it isn't much for geocaching in my opinion. I've tried it and the results were poor at best. Good luck.

In the Input/Output screen it should be set for Data Transfer for the format and Slave Mode for the transfer. I haven't messed around much with GSAK. EasyGPS will upload data to the unit. While the 195 has been a trusted friend in the cockpit (now replaced by a 496) it isn't much for geocaching in my opinion. I've tried it and the results were poor at best. Good luck.

I tried with the unit in Slave mode - does the same thing - says it received data, but there is nothing on the user waypoints list. I'll try EasyGPS...

I'm not going to try to use it as my main geocaching unit, but I have it for in the cockpit (just started taking lessons, actually), and figured I may as well figure out how I could use it for geocaching, since my wife may have the other unit sometimes.

the unit has to be in »garmin« mode.

There is no "garmin" mode on this unit.

Thanks!

Rich