"Mass" Retrieve

Western Mass Clan

Hello!

My apologies if this has been suggested before. As a geocoin collector, I like to drop my coins into events when I bring them. Dropping them all is easy! I simply select all of them from my inventory when I post my "will attend" log. However, retrieving them from the event is rather tedious. I have to go to each coin page separately, copy and past the coin number, and post a "retrieve from" log for each coin separately.

I think a nice feature would be to have a "mass retrieve" option for all coins / TB's that you own. It could work in much the same way as when you drop them. On your profile page, under your inventory list could be a link called "mass retrieve coins/TBs". When you click on it, you're presented with a list of all coins and/or TB's that you own that are currently "not in your hands". You can select those you wish to mass retrieve along with typing a generic retrieve log ("Retrieving my coins from the event! Thanks!") to be posted to all the coin / TB pages. That would be a nice time-saver for folks with growing coin collections like myself.

I've seen some people who have opted out of dropping their coins for this reason - it simply takes too long to retrieve them all!

Thanks!

Matt

We drop them so others know that we are bringing our collections for discovery and so that our coins do get miles on them, It is quite a job picking up all your coins when you have over 200

Wow! No wonder we're having problems with "Server Busy" errors -- the server load for dropping a couple hundred coins, having a bunch of different cachers "discover" them all, and then then retrieve them all back again is probably as many logged server transactions (DB changes) as a typical cacher might have had from finding caches for a year or more!

We drop them so others know that we are bringing our collections for discovery and so that our coins do get miles on them, It is quite a job picking up all your coins when you have over 200

Why? I dont get it. What's the point?

(Im serious. I dont get it.)

I guess beacouse we travel many miles to go to events, we live in the country long away from any cities. The closest event we were at was over a hour away the farthest was 10 hours on the road. I guess we do it to put the miles on the coins that they have actually traveled, I have had forum topics similar to this in the past, with not too much response from the GC gods.

here is a link to my thread from feb

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...amp;hl=coin+bag

Hello!

My apologies if this has been suggested before. As a geocoin collector, I like to drop my coins into events when I bring them. Dropping them all is easy! I simply select all of them from my inventory when I post my "will attend" log. However, retrieving them from the event is rather tedious. I have to go to each coin page separately, copy and past the coin number, and post a "retrieve from" log for each coin separately.

I think a nice feature would be to have a "mass retrieve" option for all coins / TB's that you own. It could work in much the same way as when you drop them. On your profile page, under your inventory list could be a link called "mass retrieve coins/TBs". When you click on it, you're presented with a list of all coins and/or TB's that you own that are currently "not in your hands". You can select those you wish to mass retrieve along with typing a generic retrieve log ("Retrieving my coins from the event! Thanks!") to be posted to all the coin / TB pages. That would be a nice time-saver for folks with growing coin collections like myself.

I've seen some people who have opted out of dropping their coins for this reason - it simply takes too long to retrieve them all!

Thanks!

Matt

This was another post but I agree I would like a feature like this. For those who do not have coin collections it is easy to say " Huh? Whats the point?" but for those who have collections it would be something useful.

Doublestuff

I also collect coins, but I don't log mileage on them. Who cares, if they're really not used as TB's? Just keep them in your inventory and let people "Discover" them at events. It's what I do. The few coins I own that are actually traveling is one thing, this is completely different.

I also collect coins, but I don't log mileage on them. Who cares, if they're really not used as TB's? Just keep them in your inventory and let people "Discover" them at events. It's what I do. The few coins I own that are actually traveling is one thing, this is completely different.

Pretty much what I was going to recommend, stick them out to an unknown location. It keeps them out of your drop inventory and people can still Discover them without any effort from you.

Poke'mon.