YMCA Geocaching Program Seeks Help

Hi all. I am the director of recreation programs at Camp Jewell YMCA Outdoor Center in CT. I've been dying to start a Geochaching program here. It would tie in with orienteering, family and other recreation programs, and compliment our hiking and disired snowshoeing programs.

In an effort to get this up and running, I went for a new programs grant that was not successful. It's been difficult to get the value across to the folks with the bucks.

Anyways, I was told to check in with clubs and organizations to see who might have any equipment to donate to get us going. Perhaps if we had a small set of tools to test the feasability of the program, we could change a few minds and scare up some funding.

So, if you have any equipment at all, or know of where else I should look--I would be exceptionally greatful. We run fantastic community and values-based programs here, and I know this is an activity for all ages, all backgrounds--and is active in body and mind.

Please pass this on to anyone you think might be able to help.

Thank you so much in advance,

Aaron

As a past president and current vice president of our local FOP Lodge (Fraternal Order of Police), we are always looking for ways to donate to our local community programs that benefit kids. If you have an active FOP lodge in your area you might check with them for a small donation to get you up and running.

I think you could also check with your local Wal-marts and other chains to see if they have any community money to give away. I have 2 Walmarts in my community and was able to get $500.00 from each to put together emergency packs for my teachers at the school I am currently assigned to.

Just a couple of ideas, Good Luck

The Miller Family