Pathtags - Need Help

O.k., I found a pathtag in a cache last weekend.

I followed the "directions" on the tag, visited the pathtags website, registered for an account.

From here things got "murky". I read every page of directions and after about 1/2 hour I was able to add the tag to "my collection."

When I click on the picture of it in "my collection" it says "the tag you are trying to view is not active"

I have been over and over the entire website about 6 times to no avail.

From what I can surmise you can only activate it if you purchased it.

NOwhere on the website is there a Help section, FAQ section or a Contact Us section.

There is a Community Section, but only people who have purchased tags can enter it.

There is no way to find out who did purchase it and email them if they indeed do need to activate it.

As far as I can tell at this point, I can't do anything else with this and am about ready to stick it in another cache and let it be someone else's problem.

I think these are pretty cool and fairly new, but as a complete "newbie" to this, I am really frustrated.

Can anybody help me with this?

A tag doesn't have to be "active" for you to log it. You will be able to see it in your collection, but it will not be show in the "gallery". You've done nothing wrong. The owner just doesn't want it to be shown in the general gallery that's all. You CAN see it in your collection though and the owner can see that you logged it!

You will not be able to click on the big picture to see the profile, but you can see that you have it in your collection.

Thanks for that answer.

I have some more questions I hope you can answer.

1. Does the original "owner" get to see where it is.

2. Is it now mine to keep if I want, or am I supposed to pass on?

3. If I do pass it on, do I need to do anything (like delete it out of my gallery)?

4. Do I have the option to "trade" it (I don't see the ability on the website for me to make it available to trade)

Thanks for any other help.

We have our own pathtag and have traded with several other people who have created them. If you find one in a cache, you get to keep it. It is nice for people to log that they have been found and where it was found. Each owner of a tag gets to view a map of every tag that has been log and where it was found. It is an inexpensive, cool, signature item is all. We put our pathtags in caches that we really like and gives someone a signature item for whoever to keep.

Mudblood Squad basically answered the questions, but yes, the owner can click on a map and see the name and location of people that have their tag.

You can keep it...it's like leaving a wooden nickel or another type of "signature item"...if you want to give it away or put it in another cache, it's up to you on if you want to delete it from your colletion, but I probably would, I mean, if you don't have it it anymore, why not delete it?

You can't put anything on the website to trade it directly, but if you find somone who would want to trade you could. You just can't use the "trade" feature on pathtags since you aren't the original owner of that tag.