Mapping software question

I just recently (a few weeks ago) acquired my new prize, a 60CSx. I'm ignernt when it comes to software, however. I also purchased City Nav v8, which I have loaded onto the GPSr. But, I'm also interested in using the Mapsource Topo maps that came with it, but I don't know how to go about it.

If I load the Topo maps, can I "toggle" between them and the CN maps? Will one overwrite the other? Is this possible?

Thanks for any help some of you will be able to give me.

I just recently (a few weeks ago) acquired my new prize, a 60CSx. I'm ignernt when it comes to software, however. I also purchased City Nav v8, which I have loaded onto the GPSr. But, I'm also interested in using the Mapsource Topo maps that came with it, but I don't know how to go about it.

If I load the Topo maps, can I "toggle" between them and the CN maps? Will one overwrite the other? Is this possible?

Thanks for any help some of you will be able to give me.

If you load topos now, it will override the CN maps. What you need to do is re-load the topos and the CN maps at the same time. Toggling between the two is as simple: from the map page-->menu-->setup map-->maps tap-->menu--> "Hide" or "Show" the map type you want. If they are all showing, there is a kind of heirarchy City Select will overlay over topo.

If you load topos now, it will override the CN maps. What you need to do is re-load the topos and the CN maps at the same time.

First select the City Nav maps you want to upload to the GPSr, then switch to the Topo maps and select the ones you want to upload as well. After you have all of the different maps selected, THEN send them to your GPSr.

I've got City Select, Topos, WorldMaps, Waterways and Lights all loaded into my Cx

Something else to keep in mind, there's a limit of something like 1700 map segments that the unit's file structure can keep track of. All of US city naivgator and about 4 states worth of tope come up to ~~ 1.6 GB not quite filling the 2 GB SD card. Maybe in future firmware updates Garmin will correct that deficiency as there are now SD cards at 4 GB. It would also be really really nice if it were add maps to existing set rather then replacing all. I shudder at the thought of having things tied up for 4-5 hours if i need to add one map segment.

Something else to keep in mind, there's a limit of something like 1700 map segments that the unit's file structure can keep track of. All of US city naivgator and about 4 states worth of tope come up to ~~ 1.6 GB not quite filling the 2 GB SD card. Maybe in future firmware updates Garmin will correct that deficiency as there are now SD cards at 4 GB. It would also be really really nice if it were add maps to existing set rather then replacing all. I shudder at the thought of having things tied up for 4-5 hours if i need to add one map segment.

Not to be nitpicky, but its 2025 map segments.

Yeah, I was hoping that would be an option, but since it's not, I doubt I make any changes now. I have about 40 states worth of CN installed (~900gb), and several routes. I hate to think about reloading just to add a few states topo info.

Thanks for everyone's help.