Disney World , FL

mine-t.jpg

There's a separate website listing the cadastral survey marks found all over Disney World (I actually found one in Typhoon Lagoon that hadn't been listed yet & had it added to this awesome list). If you enjoy looking for benchmarks these are tremendous fun, and this site lists them at both parks. They have to be logged on the Waymarking site as they're cadastral marks... and Patty has a link to those categories from her page too! Here's the website:

Patty Winter's Disney Benchmarks Page

Have fun - I really enjoyed my week there two years ago!

mine-t.jpg

There's a separate website listing the cadastral survey marks found all over Disney World (I actually found one in Typhoon Lagoon that hadn't been listed yet & had it added to this awesome list). If you enjoy looking for benchmarks these are tremendous fun, and this site lists them at both parks. They have to be logged on the Waymarking site as they're cadastral marks... and Patty has a link to those categories from her page too! Here's the website:

Patty Winter's Disney Benchmarks Page

Have fun - I really enjoyed my week there two years ago!

Thanks, thats what I was looking for.

I used to do land survey, way back when there was no GPS. A couple years ago I stumbled across a survey marker on Disney property, and laughed my butt off when I saw the mouse ears.

I think you'll find that ol' Walt has dreamed up all kinds of other stuff to do, too!

I saw a quote somewhere, where it was said that Disney has "quasi-governmental authority" over their properties in Florida, which is true. There is a whole Waymarking category on the Disney Benchmarks, but I don't have that link off the top of my head. Someone did a good job listing all the virtuals available at Disney World. There were also several physical caches on the property, but they were all removed, in 2005 I believe, due to Disney excercising that "quasi-governmental authority". :D