2007 Spring Picnic

Gary and Mary Adventurers

I just wanted to apoligize to anyone who might have been bothered about our suggestion that people bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to a local food pantry. The picnic is intended as a fun, family get together, and not in any way as a fundraiser for any organization. The idea of donating food to a local food pantry was an afterthought, and was not intended to circumvent any prohibition on soliciting. We were notified by TPTB that we were not following the guidlines, and have removed all of the referrences about this.

Again, I offer my apology for this mistake.

i don't want to start anything by this, because i probably won't be able to attend anyway. but it just strikes me funny that something like that would get flagged and action taken, but yet obvious caches that don't meet guidelines are posted everyday seemingly. i think that donating perishables would have been a good thing, but i guess not.

have fun at the picnic all!

I just wanted to apoligize to anyone who might have been bothered about our suggestion that people bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to a local food pantry. The picnic is intended as a fun, family get together, and not in any way as a fundraiser for any organization. The idea of donating food to a local food pantry was an afterthought, and was not intended to circumvent any prohibition on soliciting. We were notified by TPTB that we were not following the guidlines, and have removed all of the referrences about this.

Again, I offer my apology for this mistake.

I can understand the rules put in place by TPTB, (slippery slope and all, like who would qualify, and would people start "charging" to attend an event for this and that, etc.....) but I doubt that anyone was offended by the thought. I certainly wasn't. :rolleyes:

I haven't put in my "official" will attend, or gotten a campsite yet, but I'm going to try really, really hard to make this event. I've already flagged the weekend as "no other plans," and have refused work for it...

:unsure::P

Team A.C.E. (Sparkeeeee)

Edited by sparkeeeee