Another contest

forthferalz

Ok here are some more coins for those who like doing a little detective work with google:

Next clue is ready, getting a little harder now: http://feralcaching.wordpress.com/2007/03/...ey-game-stop-4/

There is a bonus prize as well. Hope you like it!

Anyone new to the game start at the beginning - link in sig line. The archived game Sydney Stroll, in the right menu bar from the homepage, still works and goes to a waymark you can log.

HINT:coin5.jpg

A few people have had little problems - I have sorted out the start page to have links to all the clues because the side menu bar dissappears when you navigate directly to a post.

clue five isn't published yet but the placeholder page shoulds till be accessible (wow 2 emus! cool) If you have the right word and name the password to the next clue is made up like the others of name and a number - no spaces, no capitals.

but I don't think it should ask you for a username even if you want to leave a comment. I tried it after logging out and it was fine

Use this to keep a record of your solutions. The symbols are obviously going to be used to code digits for the caches which will eventually be hidden to complement this game.

ausodyssey-cluesheet.jpg

Clue 5 is up - I still need two cache hiders located in africa and asia .

I am getting an error whenever I click on the page to put in the clue for number 5.

This is the page it is leading to for me -

Clue 5

Am I doing this wrong??

Thanks - What a fun game to find in the middle of the night - Working on the first few clues kept me awake for awhile on a long graveyard shift. I look forward to the rest of them. B)

I go to the same 404 page. The other link takes me to an edit page.

oh sorry! Holiday brain - I made it and hit the save button before I left home( 2 weeks in canada - 3 caches! ) and because I can see it after i login in admin forgot to push the "publish button".... :o

please note: clue 6 yields two digits but only one word.

edit: Thanks ferhgo - I've fixed the other broken link to clue 5

http://feralcaching.wordpress.com/2007/03/...odyssey-stop-5/

and i've updated the clue sheet. The proof coins for au07coin have been authorised and some will constitute unique untrackable extra prizes if there are a lot of finishers say over a dozen hardy souls :D

odyssey-cluesheet.jpg

Edited by forthferalz

Congratulations to cydriver and the stanleys who have both solved the bonus question.

many thanks to those who have beta tested/battled through the clues - if you make it to the finish leave your caching handle to go in the draw for the not-to-be-sold green&gold coins. There's plenty of time if you haven't started as I don't expect to have coins for at least 2 weeks.

copy from aussie forums -

Clue 8, 9 and the denouement are ready now. Clue 8 is the last State of australia covered. It relates to a famous australian person I'd never heard of before researching platypuses :anitongue: who was the Steve Irwin of his day. Dr.David Fleay - a pioneer of captive breeding programs and so great with kids - and he even has a zoo in Qld <_< You will need to look for his groundbreaking breeding of a platypus on Time magazine archives to answer clue 8 - oops again it was not the cover as there was a war on, just the Science section but the event made the cover of the new york times that year. EDIT: I'll rephrase this while I may: one of his platypuses from The Bronx zoo managed escape into the wilds of new york! Shame that didn't make it into the animated film.

fleay.jpg

photo credit EPA QLD

photo credit: EPA QLD

Edited by forthferalz

oh how embarassment! At least some folk are clever. A special FTF prize is in order- Wutzebear's better half has solved anagram in spite of being a letter short and in another language :anibad: Corrected clues: 9 letter anagram of the second letter of all the words from clues 1-7, last letter of clue 3 and the first letter of clue 8.

arloggen has finished congrats - that's two! And two who have found the bonus coin. I should have photos of these mystery prizes after monday :P Contest will close next Sunday and an answer sheet put up. If you are stuck on link check if you are in a blog frame - you may have to scroll down a long long way. or try accessing it from the Odyssey homepage.

Happy earthday to you!

here are the finishers wutzebear, arlorggen, cydriver, zigolphin, urch1949, homedg, altaire and winterdragon (who was too late to make the cut for this draw.)

here are the winners: http://feralcaching.wordpress.com/2007/04/...odyssey-prizes/

congratulations homedg wutzebear and thestanleys (who only solved the bonus prize)

and an 'honourary aussie prize' of the proof aussie black nickel for cydriver who was the only person to complete both puzzles.

I'll post solutions after the final drawing for the bronze aussie proof coin....sometime.....another 2 weeks