Any way to do a "supersearch" (>>500 caches) on gc.com?

(My apologies if this topic has been covered umpteen times -- being lazy)

So...... GC.com limits my searches to 500 caches per search. I'd really like to do a "super search" for, e.g., the entire state of New Jersey; or all caches within 200 miles of home, even if I have to pay a couple of bucks for it.

It's really a PITA to piece together many circular search areas to get full coverage of an area that has lots of caches.

Any advice (besides "don't be so lazy, just set up a bunch of Pocket Queries :sad: ) ???

Setup your pocket queries to go by date instead of small circular areas. Use GSAK to put them together. Much more effcient and zero duplicates. Might have to fiddle with dates to get about 500 each.

However, I can usually get a PQ in my email within 5 minutes - so no big deal to just grab the ones I am interested in the area I am headed for the day. 500 is more than enough to keep anybody busy. Plus you get to do 4 more for the day.

Geocaching.com limits PQ to 500 caches and 5 per day for a couple of reasons. One is to limit the load on the server to allow all premium members an opportunity to run their pocket queries and get results in a reasonable time. Another reason is that the business model of Geocaching.com is based on the database of caches. The don't want people doing mega searches to download a large portion of this database and then go sharing that data with other people. Their income is from advertising whose rates are based on the hits the site gets and premium memberships. One benefit of premium membership is the ability to download a limited portion of the database - up to 2500 caches per day - for their personal use. Geocaching.com seems to feel that personal use does not include keeping an offline copy of a large portion of their database - which is why they typically will not respond to request like this for larger PQ for entire countries or states or request for PQ to return archived caches which would make it easier to keep a large offline database up-to-date.

That being said, if instead trying to cover New Jersey with overlapping circles of 500 caches each, you ran PQs that divided the caches in the state by Date Placed, you could probably get all the caches in 6 or 7 PQs. I would not be able to do this for California as it would take 75 PQs :sad: