Personal Bugs?

archi77

I'm just starting out, and thought I'd start with a few TB's to pass along, etc. but I was thinking of keeping one TB as a personal "trackable". You know, attach it to my backpack and just let it go with me everywhere. Is there a way to track it's/my progress from cache to cache without actually turning it over to a cache? Just curious. I've never done this before, so I'm still learning how all the systems work!

Thanks.

When I log a cache I just select my personal bug to be dropped, and then log it back out.

I do this for every cache I have actually visited including revisits but it can be very tedious work. Some people only log 'found' only caches and others will just log one out of a bunch they did that day. It's up to you.

Keep in mind that the mileage will rarely, if ever reflect your actual traveled miles.

Good luck!

I wish I had thought about this idea when I started. I think I may start taking a TB with me and dipping it in caches. Cool idea!

You can go back and 'dip' the bug through your past caches. Just post a note saying that you are logging your personal TB and will delete the log. Then delete the cache log. (It won't hurt the TB logs).

THIS sounds like a real good idea. But don't the cache owners get miffed at this sort of thing?

Usually not if you explain what you are doing and then remove the posting from the cache page. Any pain the owner might suffer is temporary.

Edited by BlueDeuce