MapSend Lite v2.0

Yes, I actually took part in the beta program. It's nice to have all of your maps, waypoints, geocaches loading and viewable in one product, but it is not the 100% solution. You still can't create region maps from there and send them to your eXplorist, and the interface is a bit archaic and unintelligible.

Perhaps you can help me with a certain part of this? In the area where it lets you add maps it shows the entire North America direct route. I don’t need to add any additional maps. But I do not see how to add the entire Topo Map? Is this allowed?

I think you can do that...does GPS Contents/Map Manager let you make the addition?

Eh...maybe not. I tried to toggle on my T3D program maps, and I got an error saying it couldn't open a map. Not a problem with DirectRoute (you must be seeing the same thing). I have the old MapSend Topo on my machine, too, and it loads alright as well. Just T3D seems a problem.

I am using the T3D as well. Seems strange that it won't load.

From the "adding maps" help page of MapSend Lite v2.0:

You can add a detailed map or a background map from the SD Card, GPS Unit or Hard Drive. MapSend does not support maps compatible with Meridian or SporTrak. Maps in fully installed old MapSend are automatically added in the Map Manager.

And from the Map Manager help page:

Detailed Maps

The maps from the fully-installed MapSends are added by default. Detailed maps have *.imi format and may be added to current map list if they are authorized with your GPS Unit or if they are preloaded SD card map.

I interpret these lines to mean that the manual adding map option is only for detailed and background maps that are ready and authorised for your gps. To add a whole mapsend product, e.g., T3D, you need to perform a full intall of T3D, and then MS Lite v2 will automatically be added. You do not have to use the adding map command.

I do not have T3D, but I have Topo Canada and DirectRoute, both fully installed. MS Lite performs as expected. In Map Manager, I can choose which Mapsend product to use as the detailed Map. I believe T3D should behave similarly.

I have also manually added some detailed maps and they worked. You may ask why I want to add detailed maps when I have the whole MapSend product. I find that I switch between DR and Topo once in a while. Switching the whole MapSend product takes a while, but switching from a DR .imi file to a Topo .imi file is almost instantaneous. You may also be interested to know that the display of the maps in a .imi file looks different from the MapSend product maps that the .imi files are generated from.