Can't Figure it out!

cantthinkofone

Newbie here! I have a Garmin etrex legend and a Palm IIIc (os 3.5.3).Want to do paperless caching.Have CacheMate (paid for)and GSAK(not Reg.)and a Premium member.What I having problems with is Palm or GPS? GPS shows the waypoints as GC#,the Palm list them by the caches name.When I'm near a cache the GC# shows on the gps.Can't find it on the palm cause I don't know the name.Need to change a setting somewhere?But where?and on what device or program?

PLEASE HELP! I'm about to hit the print button on GSAK! ;):D:D:laughing::D:laughing::D

Tried that!Only thing it do is rearrange the names by the GC# and still shows list by names not the GC# which I would like.Don"t see how I can change it.

Well, there is a little more involved.

Tap on the word CacheMate at the top of the PDA screen.

Tap on Option

Tap on List Options

Tap on the BOX in front of When sorted by waypoint

(this will place a checkmark in the BOX)

Your PDA will now work as described by GIDEON-X

Edit to Add: If instead you would have checked the BOX in front of Display waypoint as name you would ONLY ever see the waypoint number and NEVER see the Cache Name. And then when you used the Sort By: option it would sort the waypoint numbers by the waypoint or by the Cache Name (even though you would not see the Cache Name).

Not sure if that is of any interest to you (and I hope I explained it clearly enough). I just experimented with many different options till I got the functionality I like. Just try everything in CacheMate you can find and see what it does.

Edited by Cardinal Red

Make sure that you have %code in the Waypoint Name when you export to cachemate. GSAK allows you to generate unique names for your waypoints. The default is to use the www.geocaching.com code (%code), but you can use any of the special tags to build a unique name.

Waypoint%20name.jpg

Edited by knoffer