60 CSX Micro SD, loading maps, and unlock codes

I did a search and did not quite find the info I was looking for. Basically I am trying to under stand how this works. I have a 60 csx but have put no map packs in it yet. Here is the question.

Are the unlock codes for map software tied to the serial number of the gps or does it have anything to do with the memory chip they are loaded to? Here is a scenario: I load up City Navigator from a dvd onto a 1 gig Micro SD in my 60 csx. Later I want to add more maps, topos, mexico, or whatever. I need more memory to be able to do that. So I go buy a 2 gig micro sd chip. Do I have to use a second unlock code to load City Navigator onto the second larger memory chip even though it is in the same GPS that I already unlocked the same map pack to? Or is Garmins software unlocked to the gps serial number itself and I don't have to unlock it a second time reguardless of memory changes? I am assuming that is the case.

Hope that makes sense!

Edited by Tactical Cache Marauder

I did a search and did not quite find the info I was looking for. Basically I am trying to under stand how this works. I have a 60 csx but have put no map packs in it yet. Here is the question.

Are the unlock codes for map software tied to the serial number of the gps or does it have anything to do with the memory chip they are loaded to? Here is a scenario: I load up City Navigator from a dvd onto a 1 gig Micro SD in my 60 csx. Later I want to add more maps, topos, mexico, or whatever. I need more memory to be able to do than. So I go buy a 2 gig micro sd chip. Do I have to use a second unlock code to load City Navigator onto the second larger memory chip even though it is in the same GPS that I already unlocked the same map pack to? Or is Garmins software unlocked to the gps serial number itself and I don't have to unlock it a second time reguardless of memory changes? I am assuming that is the case.

Hope that makes sense!

City Navigator's unlock code is tied to the GPSr. You can use as many SD micro memory chips as you want and view all of them on your GPSr. The second unlock code is only required if you want to view the maps on a different GPSr. You can even load the software to as many PCs as you want and view the maps on various computers; the maps just won't download to a different GPSr without an additional unlock code that will be tied to just that GPSr once it is used.

City Navigator's unlock code is tied to the GPSr. You can use as many SD micro memory chips as you want and view all of them on your GPSr. The second unlock code is only required if you want to view the maps on a different GPSr. You can even load the software to as many PCs as you want and view the maps on various computers; the maps just won't download to a different GPSr without an additional unlock code that will be tied to just that GPSr once it is used.

My thanks, thats the info I was looking for. Now I understand how it works. I have CN version 8 NT on the way.